Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ashley's Graduation!

My little (okay, younger) sister graduated from ISU a couple of weekends ago!! She graduated in Psychology (Wow! I could never do that!). I can't believe she has her bachelor's degree. She worked so hard and did really well. I am really proud of her. This graduation was a lot better than most of the graduations that we've been to over the years. I think most of it was because mom hired a couple of babysitters for all of the grandkids, so we didn't have to worry about our restless, noisy kids. I feel bad that Ashley was a little disappointed about some of the things that were missing from this graduation that they have had at previous graduations, but at least she's done!! It was nice to spend time with Ashley and my brothers and their families that weekend.

I feel kind of dumb that everyone in my family (my parents, Ashley, and all of my brothers) has a bachelor's degree except me. I just have to keep remembering that I am doing exactly what I was supposed to do with my life. I have followed the promptings of the Spirit and if I had stayed at Ricks (BYU-Idaho) to get my bachelor's degree I would never have worked at Kids Korner and gotten invaluable experience working with kids and I might have never met Spencer and had my two beautiful little girls. The Lord really knows what we need and when we need it. I really want to go back and get my bachelor's degree someday, though. I guess the Lord will let me know when it's time.

1 comment:

lesmisgirl said...

Don't feel bad Whams, I'm just smarter than you! :) I'm just kidding. We're all supposed to do different things at different times in our lives. I was supposed to graduate and start working before I find a husband and have a family. You were supposed to have a family first. Could you imagine life without Kimby and Katherine? I couldn't. They are definitely more of an accomplishment than a bachelor's degree.