Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patricks Day

I don't know why, but I think St. Patrick's Day is a fun holiday. I guess I like all holidays, though. Anyway, yesterday I thought I would have some fun. When Kimberley woke up and came into the kitchen, she found that little leprechauns had been to our house and left little green "footprints" all over our kitchen!



Kimberley thought that was "cool." She hurried and found a green shirt to wear and had me put her new shamrock clippies in her hair (that our friend Melanie made for her- thanks Melanie!). For breakfast, I made green French toast and turned our apple juice green with some food coloring.



For lunch we had spinach fettuccine with pesto sauce, kiwi slices, and pickles. Great combination, huh? Sorry, I didn't get any more pictures the rest of the day because I couldn't remember where I had put my camera. =)

For dinner, we went over to our friends' house to have a St. Patrick's Day dinner. We had "Pot of Gold" cheesy potato soup, Blarney biscuits, pistachio pudding salad, and green Kool-Aid. Kimberley had a blast with all the St. Patrick's Day fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow sounds like a ton of fun although how did you do the footprints? and what with? was it hard to clean up!!
thank goodness for green food coloring hu, i used a lot of that yesterday to, my sister avril thought i was nuts though lol

Melanie said...

You are so fun! The kids had a good time last night. Thanks for the yummy Irish grub!

We are the Turner's! said...

What a fun idea! I love the footprints! I love to make St. Patrick's Day fun also! I used lots of green food coloring yesterday!