Saturday, July 12, 2008

Raspberries and the Friday Night Art Walk

Thursday night, Kimby and I went to Fred Meyer to get raspberries. We saw grandma (mom) and Ashley buying raspberries while we were there. We have been snacking on raspberries ever since...mmm! They remind me of Washington. We used to go pick raspberries in the summers when we lived there. I also made some raspberry jam with some of them that is really good.

Last night, mom, Ashley, Jamie and Malorie and their kids, and Kimby, Katherine, and I went to the Friday Night Art Walk downtown. It's where a bunch of businesses stay open late and they have art displayed in their stores. They also have little snacks that you can have while you browse through their stores and look at the artwork. It's a pretty smart idea- a lot of these stores were really neat, but I've never been in them and probably never have gone to them if not for the Art Walk. Spencer was working for the Art Walk so we got to visit him for a little bit. There's a little park downtown that has little plaques with names on them embedded in the pavement. Grandpa Brown has a plaque somewhere in that park, so we tried looking for it, but we couldn't find it. Kimberley and Jay had a lot of fun splashing in the fountain they had there; I wish I had brought my camera!

1 comment:

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

I will find his plaque- I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!